THE GARDEN OF EDEN
-Let us take a fresh look at the Garden of Eden and its spiritual implications for us today. The Garden of Eden is much
more than a literal garden in which two literal people existed. It has a deep and spiritual meaning that unlocks the purpose
and plan of God in our lives.
-Genesis 2:7 states, … And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the
breath of life; and man became a living soul … Let us consider the physical Garden of Eden, what was in it, and what
those things do represent spiritually. The Garden of Eden contained:
1. MAN ( ADAM )
2. THE TREE OF LIFE
3. THE TREE OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL
4. A RIVER ( SPLIT INTO FOUR HEADS )
5. EVE ( A HELPMATE, WOMAN )
6. THE SERPENT ( DECEPTION )
-Now let us consider the deeper and spiritual meaning of this Garden of Eden. 1st Corinthians 15:45-47 states,
… And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. Howbeit
that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. The first man is
of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven … Can you see that there are ONLY TWO MEN? ...
1. THE FIRST MAN … ADAM
2. THE SECOND MAN … CHRIST
-We are either in Adam or in Christ! So … Let us get spiritual for a minute.
-SPIRITUALLY SPEAKING, YOU MUST SEE YOURSELF AS THE GARDEN OF EDEN! IN ESSENCE, YOU ARE THE GARDEN OF EDEN! This would
then mean that all men have within themselves:
1. ADAM = DEATH, EARTHY, EARTHBOUND, THE EARTHLY REALM
2. THE TREE OF LIFE = CHRIST IN YOU THE HOPE OF GLORY, THE HEAVENLY REALM
3. THE TREE OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL = SELF, APPROACHING GOD THROUGH THE FLESH
4. A RIVER = RIVERS OF LIVING WATER, THE SPIRIT OF GOD THAT IS MANIFESTED IN FOUR WAYS ( KING, SERVANT, MAN, GOD …
HENCE: MATTHEW, MARK, LUKE, JOHN )
5. EVE = OUR TENDENCY TO BE LED AWAY AND DECEIVED, THE SOUL OF MAN ( AS WELL … ADAM REPRESENTS THE SPIRIT OF MAN,
FOR OUR SPIRIT IS TO BE SEEN AS MASCULINE, AND OUR SOUL IS TO BE SEEN AS FEMININE )
6. THE SERPENT = THE BEAST NATURE, THE MARK OF THE BEAST, THE CARNAL MIND
7. GOD = THE POTENTIAL FOR GODLINESS IN MAN, FOR WE ARE THE OFFSPRING OF GOD, WE HAVE BEEN MADE PARTAKERS OF THE DIVINE
-As stated earlier, Adam and Eve do also represent our spirit and soul, for our spirit is masculine, and our soul is feminine.
As we learn to partake of the Tree of Life ( Christ ), we shall experience His life. If we continue to partake of the Tree
of the Knowledge of Good and Evil ( the carnal mind, that which is antichrist ), we shall continue to experience death. Please
meditate on this garden, FOR IT IS YOU! The "Garden of Eden" means to be hedged about or protected in pleasure and delight.
This is, of course, only an introduction to understanding the spirituality of the Garden of Eden. May we see the importance
of this garden within, for God is bringing us from death to …